7 TIPS AND TRICKS TO CREATE A SLEEP-INDUCING BEDROOM AMBIANCEIf you sleep less than eight hours a night, you might want to rethink your life and the things surrounding you. It can be because you chose to buy an affordable mattress in Singapore but not suitable for your needs. It can also be because of the atmosphere or temperature in your room. When you deprive yourself of sleep, you increase the risks of stroke, diabetes, depression, weight gain, memory loss, cardiac arrest, depression, and hypertension. Do you want to avoid these? Start doing and considering these nine:
1. NO MORE TV DURING BEDTIME, PLEASEIt is no secret that most people, especially ageing and working ones, typically fall asleep with the television. If you’re one of these individuals who tend to leave their TV while sleeping, stop this habit. When you feel sleepy, immediately turn off the TV and lie down on your bed, be it memory foam, springs, or German mattresses. Light exposure can affect the quality of your sleep. So, turn off the TV before sleeping and keep your bedroom dark at night!
2. GO FOR DARK, SOOTHING COLOURSIf you want to achieve high-quality sleep, play with your bedroom atmosphere. Be sure to incorporate the features of darkness, cosiness, and coldness in your room. The darker the room, the more melatonin your body actually secretes. Melatonin is a hormone naturally emitted by your body, signalling it to rest. So as much as possible, keep your bedroom dark at night! To incorporate the DCC attributes, here, try this! DARKNESS
- Use blackout curtains.
- Turn off ALL lights in your bedroom.
- Buy a good mattress online in Singapore.
- Sleep naked.
- Use high-quality sheets and pillowcases.
- Use a fan.
- Invest in a Chilipad.
- Turn the temperature down.
3. INVEST IN A QUALITY MATTRESSIf you are looking for a long-term solution to sleeping better, invest in what you are resting on, which is your bed. If you want a good one, buy a mattress online in Singapore that suits your needs perfectly. You must opt for one that does not only improve the quality of your sleep but also your health and your performance.
4. TUCK YOURSELF IN WITH A WEIGHTED BLANKETIn case you have not heard of weighted blankets, these pieces are basically heavy blankets weighing more than ten to 25 pounds. This type of blanket perfectly suits a good-quality, affordable mattress in Singapore. The extra pressure added by the weight can mimic a therapeutic technique called deep pressure stimulation, relieving pain, lessening anxiety, and helping you sleep better at night.
5. LIMIT YOUR EXPOSURE TO GADGETSMany studies revealed that electronic devices like smartphones, iPads, tablets, desktop computers, and laptops mess with your sleeping patterns. These devices emit blue light and can prevent the production of melatonin. Blue light is commonly found in artificial light sources like screens and lightbulbs, tricking your brain into thinking it is still day and keeping you up at night. As said, this component helps the body become sleepy. So, as soon as you lay down on your single size mattress in Singapore, refrain from using your gadgets. Limit your exposure one to two hours before bedtime.
6. COOL YOUR TEMPERATUREAs usual, you generally take a bath before laying down your single size mattress in Singapore. If the weather outside is hot, take a cold shower. If it is too chilly and freezing, go for a warm shower. Your body’s ideal temperature for sleep is between 60° – 67° F (15.6° to 19.4° C). So, try to cool down and schedule your temperature to one to two hours before bedtime. The reason is that people tend to fall asleep easier when their body temperature is low.
7. OPTIMISE YOUR ROOMYour comfort plays a huge part in your sleep quantity + quality. Aside from investing in a good bed, there are things you can also consider purchasing. When you buy a mattress online in Singapore, be sure to add the following to your list as well:
- A QUALITY SET OF PILLOW
- BLACKOUT CURTAINS OR BLINDS
- SILK PILLOW CASES
- WEIGHTED BLANKETS
- A QUALITY BUT AFFORDABLE MATTRESS IN SINGAPORE
- AIR CONDITIONER
- A FAN
- A SLEEPING AID
- A MUSIC PLAYER
- MEDITATION AND ESSENTIAL OIL DIFFUSERS
- INDOOR AIR PURIFIER SYSTEMS