Shoes play an integral part in every man’s life because footwear holds the power to make or break your look. Based on that theory, it is crucial to own at least 5 good shoes for men that will totally transform the way you walk and look.
To appear stylish, the right shoe for men is essential because they can complement your ensemble well. If you’re clueless about what type of shoe goes with a particular style, we have this guide curated especially for you. If you want to know which shoe for men you should have in your wardrobe, check it out here.
- Brogues: When we talk about formal shoes, brogues are the number one choice among men. The distinctive holes on them characterise these shoes. They are available in various shades of brown and tan, but if you want an all-formal look, you can even stick to black. You can wear them with your favourite suit but not with a black tie. Just be careful not to wear them during the monsoon because you don’t want to fall into a mud puddle and ruin these beautiful shoes. When buying brogues, just remember the one thumb rule: the more broguing (holes) on the shoes, the less formal they are.
- Suede chukkas: If you love boots but think they’re too much to carry, you can opt for suede chukkas which are the minimal version of boots. These round-toe, ankle-length boots have 2-3 lacing eyelets and are low on embellishments. The best colours to opt for are tan and cream because they will blend with all your outfits. These shoes for men are more casual wear, so when you find yourself choosing sneakers, settle for suede chukkas instead. You can wear them with your jeans, T-shirts and even polo shirts. They are a safe option when you want to dress down for a date.
- Leather boots: When you want to add swag to your look, leather boots are the way to go. If you want a perfect biker or a cowboy look, you can combine black or brown leather boots with a solid T-shirt, jeans or chinos and a sophisticated leather jacket. Since these boots will give you an edgy look, save them only for informal events. Invest in a high-quality pair that will last for years.
- Trainers: If you’re going for a more casual look, don’t look past the white trainers, which are all the rage today. These shoe for men are perfect for dressing down your entire look while still making you look handsome enough to make heads turn. You can wear them with your jeans and T-shirt or even a shirt and chinos for a semi-formal look.
- Loafers: There are days when you don’t want to go “too formal” and days when you don’t want to look “too casual”. When you’re having one of these days, have the best of both worlds by settling for smart casuals. If you’ve got a meeting to attend in a cafe and you just have to throw on a blazer over your semi-formal look, just slip into nice beige or tan loafers to complete your look.
These are the best shoes you must have in your wardrobe for men.